Many times we lose track of the things we ought to do because our focus is on another task we need to fulfill. Lately, Sean and I have been noticing that we forget a lot of things. We reason that we have so much going on and that so many people demand for our time. Sadly, majority gets put 2nd priority and when we get back to these things, we feel bad because we’re only in our mid 20s and yet we forget things as if we’re in our mid-60s. Can you relate? Here’s what I’ve been learning:
- Start with God. Do not neglect your Quality Time with Your Maker. When you align with the Lord and Master of your Life, your priorities automatically resets. Your mindset is in check. You remember that you live for the audience of ONE and that is to PLEASE GOD. You are also grounded in the Word which says in Ephesians 2: 10 “For we are God’s handiwork,created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
- Selah. This word can be mostly found in Psalms, which was translated to mean GOD HAS SPOKEN and notes people to stop and listen.
In our busyness and struggle to have a better ‘life’, oftentimes, we do not MAKE TIME to stop and listen to that still voice inside us which says, “Let me handle this.” “I already took care of that for you.” “This is my battle.” –GOD.
“For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” –Jeremiah 29:11.
- Surrender. Before we discuss what you need to surrender, remember that we should not neglect to do our part as well.
- Plan-You know you have tons to do. Note it in a journal, calendar, reminder. And place it somewhere you easily see it. This way, you don’t always have to depend on your reliable memory bank for the next task on your checklist.
- Prepare-You know this. We had been taught even during our school days to prepare for our quizzes, exams and orals. Nothing beats anxiety better than preparation.
- Persevere.-Unless you are the ONLY perfect person created, you will most probably fail more than you will succeed. Yes, it happens to all of us. So don’t sulk anymore. WE ALL FAIL. That’s why we NEED TO PERSEVERE. This way, we are molded in character, faith and discipline. Don’t take too long in the phase of discouragement, because you’re not built for that brothers and sisters.
And now AFTER planning, preparing AND WHILE YOU’RE PERSEVERING, surrender to the Author:
ii. Your Need for control
iii. Your Need to blame
Surrendered needs allow you to live a free life: A life free to give without expecting anything in return; A life free to love without being heartbroken; And a life free to serve because your Master deserves so much more.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”-Philippians 4: 6-7
As my closing, Sean and I have been trying our best to apply this ever since we heard it from Nick Vujicic, “Focus on the things you have not on what you don’t have and cannot do.”
This way, you won’t be paralyzed at the lies you hear but be encouraged in the things God can do through YOU.