One thing that we do not do as a company is the usual annual evaluation where employees will line up to be evaluated in hopes of getting a raise. Rather, we do what we call a reverse annual evaluation, which has served us well in terms of efficiency, transparency and objectivity.
We are augmenting this process with what we call a growth plan.
Now, it is no longer enough to have a raise, we need to have continuous growth to couple it with. This is a new idea so you can be sure that this may change over time.
These are the requirements of our growth plan:
- What is one thing you want to learn and grow in in the next 3 months in your current role?
- If you plan to move to another role in the company, what will it be? Why?
- Who will you choose as your mentor to grow into that role?
- What is one thing that you wish you will never have to do in your work with us?
- What is your desired salary 2 years from now?
- What do you think you need to do in order to earn that?
- What is your desired position in the team in the next 2 years?
- Who are you currently mentoring to learn everything you know now?
- How are you doing that?
- What are 3 things you think we need to improve as a company?
- How do you suppose you can commit to helping out in those?
- How do you think your answers to the questions here will help increase our revenue in the next few months?
I need you to print your answers to these questions and sign it so we can hold you accountable to this someday.